Join Maria Langer for an in-depth discussion in this video Entering document properties, part of Word 2013 Power Shortcuts.
…Every Microsoft Word document has a set of document properties.…This is meta data associated with the file.…Properties fall into two main categories.…Standard properties are values you can specify, such…as the file name, the author name, and keywords.…Automatically updated properties, are properties Word…maintains for you, such as the file…size, creation date, and the number of characters and words in the document.…In addition to this, you can create custom…properties to provide additional information about a document.…
The information you provide in properties can…help you find a document you're searching for…on your computer or it can help someone using your document learn more about it.…Let's take a look at document properties to see how to modify and use them.…We'll work with a document called properties in…the chapter two folder inside the exercise files folder.…I've already opened it.…To see a document's properties click the File button.…The info pane should already be showing.…If it isn't, click Info.…
- Tips for applying styles
- Clearing all the formatting from a document
- Opening recent files
- Changing default saving options
- Using time-saving keyboard shortcuts
- Using Quick Parts
- Enter text quickly with AutoText
- Using AutoCorrect to automatically enter text
- Inserting symbols and special characters
- Rearranging text with the Spike
- Editing the user dictionary
- Setting default document options
- Tips on styles and revealing formatting
- Creating drop caps
- Working with hyperlinks
- Shortcuts for navigating your document
- Wrapping text around images
- Tips for page breaks
- Embedding fonts
- Adding watermarks
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Five Tips Every Word User Should Know
2. File Management Shortcuts
Entering document properties6m 15s
3. Text Entry Shortcuts
4. Text Editing Shortcuts
5. Text Formatting Shortcuts
6. Page Formatting Shortcuts
7. Publishing Shortcuts
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.