…Normally, fonts for type-faces that you use in…your document are installed in your computer system.…Microsoft Windows includes quite a few fonts.…Microsoft Office 2013 installs some more.…You or your company's system administrator, may have also…installed other fonts or type-faces, perhaps for corporate branding.…The point is, these fonts exist on your computer system.…And they may not exist on the computer system…of someone else who you want to share documents with.…If you use a font that's installed on your computer and a document that…you share with another Microsoft Word user,…who does not have that font installed.…
The document you share, will look different.…Possibly very different, on that person's computer.…There are two ways to resolve this problem.…One way is to make sure that the other person has the font that you used.…Unfortunately, that's not always possible or practical.…The other way is to embed the font in the document.…Then, if a person who opens the file does not have the font installed…
- Tips for applying styles
- Clearing all the formatting from a document
- Opening recent files
- Changing default saving options
- Using time-saving keyboard shortcuts
- Using Quick Parts
- Enter text quickly with AutoText
- Using AutoCorrect to automatically enter text
- Inserting symbols and special characters
- Rearranging text with the Spike
- Editing the user dictionary
- Setting default document options
- Tips on styles and revealing formatting
- Creating drop caps
- Working with hyperlinks
- Shortcuts for navigating your document
- Wrapping text around images
- Tips for page breaks
- Embedding fonts
- Adding watermarks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Five Tips Every Word User Should Know
2. File Management Shortcuts
Entering document properties6m 15s
3. Text Entry Shortcuts
4. Text Editing Shortcuts
5. Text Formatting Shortcuts
6. Page Formatting Shortcuts
7. Publishing Shortcuts
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.