AuthorGini von Courter
- Viewing messages by conversation
- Ignoring a conversation
- Using Mailbox Cleanup
- Arranging email by date or by sender
- Sorting and filtering views
- Creating inbox folders
- Customizing and using categories
- Using a custom search folder
- Creating Quick Steps and email rules
- Using automatic replies
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Gini von Courter. In this course, I'll use my Outlook 2016 Inbox to demonstrate time saving features and techniques that will help you efficiently manage your email. We'll begin with the basics, like sorting and adding columns. Then, we'll move on to adding filters and saving customized views. I'll demonstrate how you can set up your Inbox to make it easy to quickly review messages. We'll create Inbox folders, then add rules that automatically move messages for easy retrieval and review.
And I'll demonstrate how to create quick steps, which are like macros that run in Outlook. You'll see how to use flags to organize and manage your Inbox based work. And along the way, I'll show you how to customize and use color categories to sort and filter messages. I'm pleased to have the opportunity to share these time saving Outlook features with you. Let's get started.
1. Reviewing Messages
2. Putting Views to Work
3. Getting Organized with Folders and Categories
4. Automating Actions with Rules and Quick Steps
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.