So, here I am in my news feed, and I can see some aspects of my profile, but if I…want to see all of them, I can click About Me.…And I have an invitation to Edit my profile, and to be a little more active.…The other way I can get to this exact same spot, is to Choose My Name, and…Choose About Me no matter where I am in SharePoint.…So, let's start by clicking Edit your profile.…Now, some of this information might have been pre-populated by your IT department.…That's not unusual or it might be just as empty as mine is here.…
There's some basic information to fill in.…Some contact information that will appear in my profile, and some details.…And it's sort of helpful to look at all of these things because, then you get an…idea of the scope of information that you might provide.…If you're familiar with MySpace or Facebook, nothing here is going to really…surprise you. Except that your organization has more…control over this, than you have over your Facebook account in terms of who can…see things and when those rules might change.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.