Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing site navigation, part of SharePoint 2013 Essential Training.
We have two different Navigation Bars we're using here, one at the top and one…in the left. The one on the left is called our Quick…Launch, and we have the ability to edit this here if you have sufficient permission.…So, I can click Edit Links, and I'm allowed to drag and drop links here, or…to click the Plus sign and actually enter a link.…This is easy way to do this. So, if I wanted for example, to allow…somebody to go from here to Microsoft, or here to any place else, I can do that.…So, if I wanted them to go to SharePoint at Microsoft, I could put…www.microsoft.com/sharepoint, or sharepoint.microsoft.com.…
And I actually have the ability to try this link out and make sure it takes me…to where I want to go. There we go.…So, this is the way that I can add a link, and I can just say OK.…And there's my new link. And it doesn't need to matter to my users…that this link is an external link. It works.…It's a link that works for them. If I wanted to, I can put a whole list of…links elsewhere in my site, in a web part or on a page, and you'll see how to do…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.