OneNote styles help to ensure consistent formatting from page to page, section to section, and between notebooks. This online video demonstrates how to apply styles and use the Format Painter to copy formatting. It also covers creating tables and using the Table Tools Layout ribbon to apply table formatting.
- [Voiceover] In this video we'll continue working…with OneNote.…Adding text,…editing,…and formatting it.…We'll take a look at using styles…to make sure that when we add our text…the text is consistently formatted.…We'll also apply direct formatting,…using the Home ribbon and the mini toolbar.…As well as utilize the Format Painter…to help us copy any direct formatting…that we've applied to some text…to other text in our OneNote notebook.…
We'll also insert and edit tables.…As well as taking a look at the different options…we have available to us when we copy and paste.…For this demonstration, we'll be using…one of the OneNote notebooks I've already created for you.…So, let's navigate back to our desktop.…Open the Exercise Files folder…Open Chapter three.…Open the folder called 03_06.…
And you guessed it, we're back to our office rollout.…So let's double click to open the folder containing…all of the OneNote files…and open the notebook by double clicking…on the Open Notebook table of contents.…I've added a little bit more information…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and its costs, format, and objectives. Julie then walks through all of the exam objectives in detail. Learn how to create notebooks and add notes, sections, and pages. Find out how to customize and personalize OneNote, including creating templates and configuring OneNote Backstage. Then discover how to organize and find notes, edit text and images, link content between notebooks and from other programs, and share and collaborate with other OneNote users.
There are over a half dozen challenges to test your skills, and a full-length, 50-minute practice test to ensure you're ready for the real exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Understanding the exam objectives, format, and registration process
- Creating a OneNote notebook
- Capturing information with Quick Notes
- Adding sections and pages to a notebook
- Customizing the notebook style
- Creating templates
- Linking notebooks
- Editing and formatting text and images
- Organizing and finding notes
- Sharing and synchronizing notebooks
- Collaborating with other OneNote users
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of Microsoft Office Specialist OneNote 2013 Exam (77-421)
2. Managing the OneNote Environment
3. Editing and Linking Content in OneNote
4. Organizing and Finding Notes
5. Sharing and Collaborating with Others
6. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.