Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Documents and content: The basics, part of SharePoint 2013 Essential Training.
You've already seen several ways you can manage documents in Microsoft SharePoint.…For example, you know how to delete documents, you know how to add documents…to libraries, you know how to ad metadata to documents, so that you can better…organize and sort them. And you know how to create new Document…libraries and permission those libraries. So what is Document Management all about,…if it's not that? Well, there's more we can do with…Document Management here in SharePoint. And there are three particular things I…would like to focus on. How we manage documents?…How we manage records? And a new feature, called eDiscovery.…
So as we've been working with Documents, we've been establishing specifications,…mostly Metadata. We also have the ability to create Custom…columns, not just at the level of a library, but at the level of the entire…site collection. Those are called Site Columns.…And we also have the ability to create something called a Content Type.…What Content Types allow us to do is to say, this isn't just a document, this is…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.