Just as we can add App Parts and Web Parts to a page, we can also remove them.…So, I'd like to remove the app part that's showing the Documents Library on…the homepage. This library just isn't that important…here, and there's a link to it right over here.…So, we need to open the page for editing. And to do that, we don't have to check it…out but we're going to, because that's the practice in our organization, and…it's a good practice. And we're now going to edit this page.…
So first, let's scroll down to the Documents Library and let's delete the…Web Part. And it says, You are about to permanently…delete this Web Part. Are you sure you want to do this?…Well, remember, it's not permanent, I can place this Web Part on the page once…again, and also, remember that this is the Web Part, it's not the app itself.…I'm not doing anything that's touching the Document Library, I'm just changing…its presentation here. Yes, I'm sure I want to do this.…
And the Document Library Web Part is gone.…I like the rest of this I like the links as it sits.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.