Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Declutter your inbox (Office 365 only), part of Efficient Email Management with Outlook 2016.
- [Voiceover] Our Inbox is a mix…of messages that are critical,…messages that are important,…messages that are interesting,…and messages that we really don't read at all.…I have messages that I keep around for a rainy day,…but that rainy day never seems to come.…In Outlook 2016 for Windows there's a new feature…that's called Clutter,…which helps us out by filtering out…those low-priority emails, my rainy day emails,…and putting them in a folder called Clutter.…
So they're not distracting me.…And that lets me focus on my important email messages.…The way this works is, Microsoft Exchange server,…which is the Post Office for your Outlook Inbox,…keeps track of what emails you routinely don't read,…and who they're from.…And once you turn it on,…Clutter creates a Clutter folder,…and moves the types of messages…that you're less likely to read…to that folder.…So, it's not the same as ignoring conversations,…it's not even the same as Mailbox Clean-up.…
It's a brand new feature.…And the more you use it,…the better decisions it makes.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Viewing messages by conversation
- Ignoring a conversation
- Using Mailbox Cleanup
- Arranging email by date or by sender
- Sorting and filtering views
- Creating inbox folders
- Customizing and using categories
- Using a custom search folder
- Creating Quick Steps and email rules
- Using automatic replies
Skill Level Intermediate
Outlook 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 49m Beginner
1. Reviewing Messages
2. Putting Views to Work
3. Getting Organized with Folders and Categories
4. Automating Actions with Rules and Quick Steps
Next steps1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.