Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing a library, part of SharePoint 2013 Essential Training.
We've just seen a fistful of different ways to create lists in SharePoint 20 13…from Built-In lists to Custom lists and all different ways to do it.…But there aren't that many different kinds of libraries, and most of the…libraries that you create will be Document libraries.…Now, later on in this course, we'll create from libraries and a Wiki Page Library.…We'll even create a Picture library. But most of the libraries that you create…will be Document libraries, and therefore, most of the time, when you…create a library, you're going to need to customize it.…
We already have a library here in our Employee Self-Service site.…Here it is, this is how it came out of the box.…This library was actually placed in this site by SharePoint when we created a team site.…And what we're going to put here are documents for employees to be able to…open and use. We want to be able to track several…things about these documents. For example, we want to know what…department is responsible for posting and reviewing them that will also provide…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.