OneNote has multiple options that allow users to customize program settings to best suit their needs. This training video leads viewers through setting a default font, font size, and font color. Users may also apply background color to pages as well as add rule lines to more closely mimic OneNote’s paper-based roots. This video also reviews other exam objectives such as docking Quick Note windows, modifying the page tab location, and showing the navigation bar to the right side of the screen.
- [Voiceover] In this video, we'll explore…some of the options available…to customize OneNote to best suit your needs.…We'll set a default font and font size,…add some page formatting,…change some basic display settings…to get OneNote to really work how we want it to work.…OneNote, like many programs, has default settings…that you can change to help control…how the program looks and works.…Let's jump in and take a look.…
I am back in the Office Move Planning…OneNote notebook that I had created earlier,…and you're welcome to use that notebook…or any notebook that you've been working on.…All of our setting options are available to us…through the File or the Backstage view,…so let's click on the File ribbon,…slide on down to Options,…and we'll take a look first at our first page,…the general options.…
As you can see, the default font face in OneNote…is a Calibri 11.…Now when we change the default font face,…it's not going to change any existing text that's out there.…It'll just change any text we add…after we've made the change.…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and its costs, format, and objectives. Julie then walks through all of the exam objectives in detail. Learn how to create notebooks and add notes, sections, and pages. Find out how to customize and personalize OneNote, including creating templates and configuring OneNote Backstage. Then discover how to organize and find notes, edit text and images, link content between notebooks and from other programs, and share and collaborate with other OneNote users.
There are over a half dozen challenges to test your skills, and a full-length, 50-minute practice test to ensure you're ready for the real exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Understanding the exam objectives, format, and registration process
- Creating a OneNote notebook
- Capturing information with Quick Notes
- Adding sections and pages to a notebook
- Customizing the notebook style
- Creating templates
- Linking notebooks
- Editing and formatting text and images
- Organizing and finding notes
- Sharing and synchronizing notebooks
- Collaborating with other OneNote users
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of Microsoft Office Specialist OneNote 2013 Exam (77-421)
2. Managing the OneNote Environment
3. Editing and Linking Content in OneNote
4. Organizing and Finding Notes
5. Sharing and Collaborating with Others
6. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.