Similar to other Microsoft Office products, users can add their frequently used command to the Quick Access toolbar or customize a ribbon to speed up their work. This video covers the OneNote MOS exam objectives of personalizing a default ribbon and adding a pen or highlighter to the Quick Access toolbar.
- [Voiceover] In this video, we'll continue our exploration…of OneNote and some customization.…We'd walk you through how to customize…the Quick Access Toolbar as well as customizing a ribbon.…By customizing the Quick Access Toolbar,…we give ourselves a way of making commands…that we may use all the time,…easier to get to by putting them right on the toolbar.…We'll also take a look at adding commands to the ribbon.…Now while we're looking at this in OneNote,…you may be familiar with this…from other programs that you've worked on.…
Again, if you're following along, feel free to use…the Office Move Planning notebook that we created earlier…or again, you can open any notebook that you're working on.…So, what's our favorite command?…Well, of course, Undo.…In the upper left hand corner of our screen,…it's where our Quick Access Toolbar lives.…If I click the drop-down to open up…the Quick Access Toolbar, I can see that the Undo button…is already there.…
Maybe I'll go ahead and add the Redo…which simply undoes and undo.…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and its costs, format, and objectives. Julie then walks through all of the exam objectives in detail. Learn how to create notebooks and add notes, sections, and pages. Find out how to customize and personalize OneNote, including creating templates and configuring OneNote Backstage. Then discover how to organize and find notes, edit text and images, link content between notebooks and from other programs, and share and collaborate with other OneNote users.
There are over a half dozen challenges to test your skills, and a full-length, 50-minute practice test to ensure you're ready for the real exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Understanding the exam objectives, format, and registration process
- Creating a OneNote notebook
- Capturing information with Quick Notes
- Adding sections and pages to a notebook
- Customizing the notebook style
- Creating templates
- Linking notebooks
- Editing and formatting text and images
- Organizing and finding notes
- Sharing and synchronizing notebooks
- Collaborating with other OneNote users
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of Microsoft Office Specialist OneNote 2013 Exam (77-421)
2. Managing the OneNote Environment
3. Editing and Linking Content in OneNote
4. Organizing and Finding Notes
5. Sharing and Collaborating with Others
6. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.