Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Cropping a picture to a shape, part of PowerPoint 2013 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Sometimes your presentation needs more theming or a basic pattern or a color fill that's…just too bland and boring.…You can actually take a custom picture you have and crop it to a particular shape to fit your design needs.…We'll take a regular ordinary photo and turn it into a really neat design element for our presentation.…So the first thing I'm going to do is get into our Slide Master because we're going…to make this change across all our slides as part of a design element.…So I'm going to go to VIEW > Slide Master and scroll all the way up because I want to get it the top most slide.…
The next thing I'm going to do is insert a photo and from there we'll crop it to a shape.…So I'm going to go to the INSERT Ribbon toolbar, select a picture, and I'm going to browse…my Assets folder and choose the green grass picture.…I select it and choose INSERT, and it's going to literally dump it in right in the middle…of my slide, but that's okay we can resize it later.…The first thing we need to do is crop it to a shape.…
- Touring the PowerPoint interface
- Creating a presentation
- Adding, removing, and rearranging slides
- Adding and formatting pictures
- Working with bullet points
- Inserting tables from Excel
- Adding shapes and creating diagrams
- Inserting audio and video clips
- Delivering your presentation
- Reusing and sharing a presentation
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Overcoming Your Fear of Public Speakingwith Todd Dewett26m 26s Intermediate
1. Navigating PowerPoint
2. Working with Presentations
3. Working with Slides
4. Adding Pictures to Slides
5. Adding Content to Slides
6. Adding Shapes, Diagrams, and Charts to Slides
7. Adding Video, Audio, and Animation to Slides
8. Preparing the Presentation
9. Delivering Your Presentation
10. Reusing and Sharing Presentations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.