Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a wiki page, part of SharePoint 2013 Essential Training.
- View Offline
All of our SharePoint sites are created using pages, and most of the pages that…we see are called content pages. Content pages are pages that display…content, and let you edit content. And there are 3 primary types of content pages.…The first type of content pages is a Wiki page.…And in earlier versions of SharePoint these were rare, but now you'll see Wiki…pages all over the place and you don't even necessarily know that's what you're seeing.…So Wiki pages are open content pages, pages that allow users to edit, so…multiple people can access them. Wiki Wiki is the Hawaiian word for quick…or speedy and it originally these were called Wiki Wiki pages.…
On team sites in SharePoint 2013, every new team site that's set up has a Wiki…page as its default homepage and you can create other Wiki pages if you wish.…You'll use Wiki pages whenever you want to share information in a way that you…don't have to have it be incredibly structured or locked down.…The second type of page is called a web part page, and web part pages are used to…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.