Join Maria Langer for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating text insets, part of Word 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcuts.
…A text inset is text that appears in a box somewhere on the page.…Text insets are commonly used to call out important bits…of text to draw the readers attention into the document.…They're quite common in magazines and in published reports.…In this video I'll show you how to use a…text box to create a poll quote inset in this document.…The sample document is called text box and you can find…it in the chapter six folder inside the exercise files folder.…Let's start by scrolling down to the text that I want to put inside the poll quote.…
The text I want is right here.…It begins with the word Two Trees and…it ends at the period, right here after consciousness.…With that selected I'm going to copy it to the clipboards,…so I'll press Ctrl+C and we'll use that in the document.…Now scroll back up, so I can see where I'm going to put that poll quote.…I want it to appear near the top center of the document.…I'm going to create a text box.…So I'll click the Insert button to display the Insert ribbon.…And then I'll click Text Box.…
- Tips for applying styles
- Clearing all the formatting from a document
- Opening recent files
- Changing default saving options
- Using time-saving keyboard shortcuts
- Using Quick Parts
- Enter text quickly with AutoText
- Using AutoCorrect to automatically enter text
- Inserting symbols and special characters
- Rearranging text with the Spike
- Editing the user dictionary
- Setting default document options
- Tips on styles and revealing formatting
- Creating drop caps
- Working with hyperlinks
- Shortcuts for navigating your document
- Wrapping text around images
- Tips for page breaks
- Embedding fonts
- Adding watermarks
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Five Tips Every Word User Should Know
2. File Management Shortcuts
Entering document properties6m 15s
3. Text Entry Shortcuts
4. Text Editing Shortcuts
5. Text Formatting Shortcuts
6. Page Formatting Shortcuts
7. Publishing Shortcuts
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.