You need to have administrative permissions on your SharePoint server to…create a new site collection. I'm going to show you briefly how to do…this just so you know where it is. We're in Central Administration.…In Application Management you'll see a link to create site collections.…You can create more then one site collection, within the same web application.…But you'll want to know what web application you're using.…If you need to change web applications, Choose Change Web application to go to…the proper page, and pick up your web application.…
If you need to create a new one, click the New Web Application page, things are…much more complex there. And the title of your site collection is…displayed on every page in the top level site.…So this is going to be something like, inside manufacturing retail sales,…fulfillment, whatever the section of sites are that you would like to create a…new collection for. This where you'll put them.…It's a good thing to include a description.…
So, lets call this inside fulfillment. I have another place to put a URL.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.