I want to create a new security group that doesn't already exist.…And here's the reason. On our No Obstacles site and on our…Employee Self Service site, I have documents that I'm happy to have people…look at, but only members should be able to download them.…I actually don't want visitors to download them.…Although, they're free to read them on the screen.…So, we're going to add a new view only group to our site collection.…Let's choose Settings > Site Settings > Site Permissions > Create Group.…
Now, I'm going to give this group the same kind of name the other groups…already had. And let me go back and just show you…those names, No Obstacles Inc. Members, Owners, and Visitors.…These are viewers of a different portion of the site, Excel Services.…And in our site collection, as we develop more and more unique permissions, we'll…want to make sure that we faithfully use the same nomenclature.…So, if this group is going to be for all of No Obstacles Inc., View Only, it needs…to start exactly the same way these do. So, No Obstacles Inc., View Only.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.