Join Maria Langer for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating drop caps, part of Word 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcuts.
…A Drop Cap is a formatting element that takes the first letter or word in…a paragraph, enlarges it and either sets it…in the margin or in the paragraph itself.…It's a text base graphic element, that can…make certain types of documents more visually interesting.…In this video, I'll show you how you can create a drop cap and give you…a look at how the drop cap command is a lot more than you might think.…Here's a sample document we can work with.…It's called drop caps one.…And it's in the Chapter five folder inside the Exercise Files folder.…
I'd like to start out by making the letter A in the first paragraph into a drop cap.…I'll position the insertion point anywhere in the paragraph.…Right now it's right at the front, and that's fine.…Then I'll click the Insert Tab, and over…here in the text group, I'll click Drop Cap.…That displays a menu with four options on it.…None is no drop cap, and that's what we've got selected now.…Dropped is a dropped cap that's indented into the paragraph.…This is a standard drop cap.…
- Tips for applying styles
- Clearing all the formatting from a document
- Opening recent files
- Changing default saving options
- Using time-saving keyboard shortcuts
- Using Quick Parts
- Enter text quickly with AutoText
- Using AutoCorrect to automatically enter text
- Inserting symbols and special characters
- Rearranging text with the Spike
- Editing the user dictionary
- Setting default document options
- Tips on styles and revealing formatting
- Creating drop caps
- Working with hyperlinks
- Shortcuts for navigating your document
- Wrapping text around images
- Tips for page breaks
- Embedding fonts
- Adding watermarks
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Five Tips Every Word User Should Know
2. File Management Shortcuts
Entering document properties6m 15s
3. Text Entry Shortcuts
4. Text Editing Shortcuts
5. Text Formatting Shortcuts
6. Page Formatting Shortcuts
7. Publishing Shortcuts
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.