Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a document set, part of SharePoint 2013 Essential Training.
We're going to create a new Document Set for use here at No Obstacles.…And let me show what this Document Set looks like.…We have five documents that are included whenever you take a project before the…Management Board so they can approve it. If you want to launch a new project at No…Obstacles, you have to provide five different documents for the review meeting.…And so, as Mark LaCie gets ready for his purchasing project, he needs to have a…break-even analysis, a timeline and a budget, all created in Excel, a project…scope document created in Word. And a presentation using a particular…PowerPoint template. This isn't the only project that's ever…going to happen at No Obstacles, we've had them in the past, we'll keep having…them in the future. And so, we want to create a Document Set…that makes easy for Mark and others to go in and to create the documents that are…required to get their project approved. Let's see how we do that.…
The first thing you need to do is ensure that the Document Sets Features is turned…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.