You can create a Document Center almost anywhere you wish in SharePoint.…For example, if I have a group of folks who need to manage a lot of documents,…and my candidates here would be the ESS folks, because this is where human…resources and finance and other groups of people come together who have lots of…documents to manage. I can create a Document Center right here.…If I'm going to create a Document Center for the whole enterprise though, I need…to put it as the top level of a site somewhere, or at least, I need to create…it as a subsite of the top- level site in my collection.…
Because, enterprise-wide means, anyone should have permissions.…But if I have a group of people like this who are managing a set of documents and…they would benefit by having a special place to keep them, then creating a…Document Center is just fine as well. But let's go ahead and create that…enterprise-wide Document Center. So here we are in Inside No Obstacles.…I'll choose Site Contents. We're going to add a new subsite.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.