Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a custom view, part of SharePoint 2013 Essential Training.
Whenever we create a new documents library, SharePoint automatically creates…one and only one view so that it can show us the information in the library.…That view is called all documents and it includes the default columns that are…present in every single library. So, we get to see the type of document,…the name. When it was modified, and who it was…modified by. In this instance, we actually have two…other columns that we see as well, because we added them.…
We added a category column and a department column, and there was a check…box that said, do you want to add these to the default view, and we didn't clear…that check box, so those two columns were added to this view.…Think of your all documents view. As your standard view that you will use…as a starting point to create most of the other views of your document library.…Because you will want more than one view. Unless you have a very small number of…documents, there's usually a need to be able to sort and to filter our library.…
For example we might want to see. All of the forms, then all of the documents.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.