Join Maria Langer for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating custom first page headers, part of Word 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcuts.
…You're probably aware that Microsoft Word enables you to…include headers and footers on each page of your document.…But did you know that you could specify a different…header and footer on the first page of your document?…Or different headers and footers on even and odd pages?…And even different headers and footers on different sections of the document?…Well, you can.…In this video I'll show you how.…Right now I'm looking at a 22 page document called headers and footers…that you can find in the chapter six folder inside the exercise files folder.…
It currently has the same header and footer on each page.…Often when a document includes what looks like a…title page, a header or footer is not necessary.…Word makes it easy to remove the header…and footer from the first page of a document.…First, double click in the header or footer area of any page.…So, I'll double click up here.…Then if necessary click the design button under…header and footer tools to display the design ribbon.…That would be this button here and it's already displayed.…
- Tips for applying styles
- Clearing all the formatting from a document
- Opening recent files
- Changing default saving options
- Using time-saving keyboard shortcuts
- Using Quick Parts
- Enter text quickly with AutoText
- Using AutoCorrect to automatically enter text
- Inserting symbols and special characters
- Rearranging text with the Spike
- Editing the user dictionary
- Setting default document options
- Tips on styles and revealing formatting
- Creating drop caps
- Working with hyperlinks
- Shortcuts for navigating your document
- Wrapping text around images
- Tips for page breaks
- Embedding fonts
- Adding watermarks
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Five Tips Every Word User Should Know
2. File Management Shortcuts
Entering document properties6m 15s
3. Text Entry Shortcuts
4. Text Editing Shortcuts
5. Text Formatting Shortcuts
6. Page Formatting Shortcuts
7. Publishing Shortcuts
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.