Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a content type, part of SharePoint 2013 Essential Training.
We're going to create a new Content Type for a particular sort of document that's…called a Budget. So that when we save a document that's a…budget, we can take advantage of the Metadata associated with that Content Type.…Here we go. We're going to choose Site Settings.…And if we are not at the top of our Site Collection, we'll want to click to go to…Top Level Site Settings or the Site Collection Settings, and I'm going to…choose in the Web Designer Gallery Section, Site Content Types.…
These are existing Content Types that are already built in.…And if you scroll down, some of them are familiar.…For example, there's a Document Content Type called Document.…That's as basic as it gets. And then, there's a type called Picture.…So, we're used to having pictures, we're used to having documents.…As you scroll down to the List Content Types, you can also create your own…Custom List Content Types. You'll find, for example, Contacts,…Issues, Events, Tasks. So, we've seen all of these different…types of content used in SharePoint. Let's go ahead and create a new Content Type.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.