Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a Web Part page, part of SharePoint 2013 Essential Training.
When a new SharePoint site is created it normally has one main page, the Home Page…and no others, but you can add other pages to the site.…There are two primary types of pages that you'll add.…The first is a Web Part Page that consists of parts just like the Home Page.…And the second is a Wiki Page. In this movie, we're going to create a…new Web Part Page. And in the next movie, you'll learn about Wikis.…Let's go to Site Contents. All the pages for the site are kept in a…library called Site Pages. Now, you can easily just click to create…a new Wiki Page. This is the existing home page that we…have right now. But to create a Web Part Page, click…Files > New Document, and choose Web Part Page.…
First, you'll be asked to give it a name, don't use the name Home.…And the reason that I'm creating this page is we'll be using this page to…create a filter with a couple of different lists, so that we can take a…look at a filtered events list. So I'm going to call this Promos.…Notice that you can overwrite this file if it already exists.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.