…While it's easy to email a Microsoft Word document, that…might not be the best solution for sharing a document's contents.…The recipient might not have Microsoft Word installed on his computer.…If the recipient doesn't have the font used in the document, and you…didn't embed them, the document may not look the same on his computer.…In addition, unless you protect the document, the person who receives it…could make changes to the document content that you might not want.…The best solution, in my opinion anyway, is to save the document as a PDF file.…
PDF stands for Portable Document Format, created by Adobe years ago.…It can be read with the free Adobe Reader application or…other PDF reader software on virtually any computer or mobile device.…Best of all, the document looks exactly as it would if it were printed on paper.…It also can't be easily modified and it…can be printed by the recipient if necessary.…Microsoft Word includes the ability to export your documents as PDF files.…We'll do this with the sample document, which is called Create_PDF, and you…
- Tips for applying styles
- Clearing all the formatting from a document
- Opening recent files
- Changing default saving options
- Using time-saving keyboard shortcuts
- Using Quick Parts
- Enter text quickly with AutoText
- Using AutoCorrect to automatically enter text
- Inserting symbols and special characters
- Rearranging text with the Spike
- Editing the user dictionary
- Setting default document options
- Tips on styles and revealing formatting
- Creating drop caps
- Working with hyperlinks
- Shortcuts for navigating your document
- Wrapping text around images
- Tips for page breaks
- Embedding fonts
- Adding watermarks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Five Tips Every Word User Should Know
2. File Management Shortcuts
Entering document properties6m 15s
3. Text Entry Shortcuts
4. Text Editing Shortcuts
5. Text Formatting Shortcuts
6. Page Formatting Shortcuts
7. Publishing Shortcuts
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.