PowerPoint allows users to create custom layouts using Slide Masters. Every layout can be customized and new ones can be created. In this video, staff author Jess Stratton shows users how to create a custom layout out of a design that's already being used on slides to be used for social media posts.
- [Voiceover] In a previous video,…I showed you how PowerPoint can be a great tool…for creating easy visuals for social media posts.…In this video, I'm going to show you how you can turn…these into proper layouts so that you can very easily…create a new one without having to redo these elements…or worry that they're going to get accidentally moved.…The first thing I'm going to do is select everything…that's already here.…I'll select one item, hold down the shift key…on my keyboard and select the other one.…With them both selected I'll right-click on the mouse…and choose copy.…
Now that they're copied were ready to go into…something called slide master view,…this is a master view of all the layouts…that we see when we click layout…to choose a new slide layout.…We're gonna create our own.…I'll click the view ribbon tab and choose slide master.…The first thing we'll do here is create a brand new layout.…I'm going to right-click inside the slide master…and I'll choose insert layout.…I'll right-click again and I'll give it a name…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recall the options for accessing frequently tools easily.
- List the buttons that are part of the background removal tool.
- Recall the benefits of using sections.
- Explain the features of smart guides.
- Recognize how to practice presenting your presentation while keeping track of how long it takes.
- List the features of the Presenter view.