Candidates for the SharePoint 2013 Microsoft Office Specialist exam need to be comfortable with the multiple methods of adding pages to both publishing and non-publishing sites. This video demonstrates how to add wiki pages; how to add a web part page; how to change page layouts; and how to add pages to a publishing site. It also reviews the relationship between design masters, page layouts, and content in pages.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Let's take a look at…creating some different kinds of Site Pages.…So we'll create new Wiki pages,…we'll create new pages using Wiki links.…Create a new Web Part page.…Create pages in publishing sites…and of course, my favorite delete the pages…we don't think we need anymore.…Before we jump into the discussion of creating…the pages, there's just a couple of quick…things you need to be familiar with.…When were talking about SharePoint pages…we're talking about three different types…of elements.…
The Master page defines all of the elements that…are shared between all pages on that site.…The header, the footer and the top navigation.…Master pages can also work in concert with…pages layouts.…And those define the layout for a specific…type of page.…So Wiki pages and Web Part pages…are gonna have a different page layout.…The last element that you need…to be familiar with is the idea of Pages.…
And as someone who adds content…your working directly with the page.…The Page layouts help you to determine where…the text appears.…
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Understanding the exam objectives, format, and registration process
- Creating and configuring lists
- Modifying list items, views, and columns
- Creating and editing libraries
- Setting up content types
- Managing SharePoint sites
- Creating new site pages
- Sharing information in newsfeeds and blogs
- Storing files in OneDrive
- Refining SharePoint search results
Skill Level Beginner
Publishing Sites with SharePoint 2013with Ron Davis1h 14m Beginner
SharePoint 2013: Customizing List Formswith Gini von Courter1h 27m Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist SharePoint 2013 Exam Overview
MOS preparation and testing1m 22s
2. Creating and Formatting Content: Working with Lists
3. Creating and Formatting Content: Working with Document Libraries
4. Managing SharePoint Sites
5. Participating in User Communities
6. Configuring and Consuming Search Results
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.