In this video, staff author Jess Stratton shows users how to create a new blank presentation and work with textbox placeholders to change font properties, such as size and color.
- [Instructor] Let's get started creating a presentation…and adding some text to it.…I'll tap PowerPoint, and from here,…I want to make sure I'm on New on the left hand side…and I can scroll to choose from a preset template and theme…or to start with a new blank one.…The very first entry is always the blank presentation.…I'm going to choose that one.…Now, we're ready to start adding text.…To enter text, double tap into any…existing text placeholder.…
The placeholder text will disappear…and you can enter your own text.…Tap return on the keyboard to get a new line…and you can also tap the X to delete that one.…You can tap anywhere out of the box,…or tap the keyboard icon…on the bottom right hand side…to make it go away,…to see how your presentation looks…with the new text.…To continue working,…double tap into any other text block…and you can continue adding more text.…
To make edits, you can tap back and start typing.…You can also tap once and choose Edit text.…It's going to pop open the same dialogue.…You can also tap directly on a placeholder…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Installing Office on an iOS device
- Exploring the interface
- Creating and editing documents, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Sharing files on the go
- Finding and replacing text in Word
- Inserting pictures and charts in Excel
- Presenting slides with PowerPoint and your iOS device
- Accessing email and calendars in Outlook
- Collaborating with others
Skill Level Beginner
1. Word for iPad and iPhone
2. Excel for iPad and iPhone
3. PowerPoint for iPad and iPhone
4. Outlook for iPad and iPhone
5. Collaborate with Office for iPad
Co-author files1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.