Saving notebooks to OneDrive and SharePoint greatly expands the power of OneNote. Notebook stored on OneDrive or SharePoint will automatically synchronize. Synchronization makes important information accessible across multiple devices (laptops, tablets, or mobile phones). In this tutorial, learn how to create OneNote notebooks directly in OneDrive and SharePoint document libraries.
- [Voiceover] Welcome to Chapter 5…in our OneNote 2013 Microsoft Office Specialist series.…In this series of video we'll be working…with a key component of OneNote,…the ability to collaborate with others in notebooks.…All of our videos thus far have been working…with notebooks stored locally.…That works just fine as long as you use that one computer…and don't need your notes to be available anywhere else.…But how many of us carry their computers everywhere?…We're working across multiple devices…and by storing your notebooks on a shared location,…such as OneDrive or SharePoint,…you can access your notes from anywhere.…
So in this video we'll be looking at creating a notebook…on OneDrive, and we'll also talk about the ability…to create a notebook on a network drive.…And finally, we'll wrap up with creating a notebook…on a SharePoint site.…Obviously, if you don't have OneDrive or a SharePoint site…available to you, this could be more of a show and tell…than you playing along.…If you'd like to play along, we're going to be creating…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and its costs, format, and objectives. Julie then walks through all of the exam objectives in detail. Learn how to create notebooks and add notes, sections, and pages. Find out how to customize and personalize OneNote, including creating templates and configuring OneNote Backstage. Then discover how to organize and find notes, edit text and images, link content between notebooks and from other programs, and share and collaborate with other OneNote users.
There are over a half dozen challenges to test your skills, and a full-length, 50-minute practice test to ensure you're ready for the real exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Understanding the exam objectives, format, and registration process
- Creating a OneNote notebook
- Capturing information with Quick Notes
- Adding sections and pages to a notebook
- Customizing the notebook style
- Creating templates
- Linking notebooks
- Editing and formatting text and images
- Organizing and finding notes
- Sharing and synchronizing notebooks
- Collaborating with other OneNote users
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of Microsoft Office Specialist OneNote 2013 Exam (77-421)
2. Managing the OneNote Environment
3. Editing and Linking Content in OneNote
4. Organizing and Finding Notes
5. Sharing and Collaborating with Others
6. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.