OneNote tags help to categorize and mark information on pages. Learn how to apply and remove built-in tags. This online video guides viewers through modifying existing tags plus creating custom tags to best reflect business workflows. Tags add to the search capabilities of OneNote 2013. Learn to create a Summary page for tags providing quick clickable links to all tagged information.
- [Voiceover] In this video we'll take a look at…another great feature in OneNote…to help us categorize and then find information.…Namely, tags.…OneNote has several built in tags…but also offers us the ability to…create our own custom tags…as well as change any existing tags to best suit our needs.…We'll look at applying tags,…creating those custom tags,…modifying existing tags,…and finding information using tags.…And then we'll take a quick look at a great feature…called creating a tag summary page.…
In this video, we'll continue to use one of…the notebooks I've already created for you.…So once again, navigate back to your desktop.…Let's double click to open the exercise files folder,…chapter four, the folder zero four underscore zero A.…Open up Office 365 Rollout, and yet again…open the notebook by double clicking on the…open notebook page.…There's some important information that I want to…make sure I don't forget.…So on the Massachusetts page,…I need to add a note to myself to make sure that…I understand is Amanda handling all of the locations?…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and its costs, format, and objectives. Julie then walks through all of the exam objectives in detail. Learn how to create notebooks and add notes, sections, and pages. Find out how to customize and personalize OneNote, including creating templates and configuring OneNote Backstage. Then discover how to organize and find notes, edit text and images, link content between notebooks and from other programs, and share and collaborate with other OneNote users.
There are over a half dozen challenges to test your skills, and a full-length, 50-minute practice test to ensure you're ready for the real exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Understanding the exam objectives, format, and registration process
- Creating a OneNote notebook
- Capturing information with Quick Notes
- Adding sections and pages to a notebook
- Customizing the notebook style
- Creating templates
- Linking notebooks
- Editing and formatting text and images
- Organizing and finding notes
- Sharing and synchronizing notebooks
- Collaborating with other OneNote users
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of Microsoft Office Specialist OneNote 2013 Exam (77-421)
2. Managing the OneNote Environment
3. Editing and Linking Content in OneNote
4. Organizing and Finding Notes
5. Sharing and Collaborating with Others
6. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.