Expand the power of links to include outside sources. Continue to explore the exam objectives for the MOS exam by learning how to: create linked notes to web pages. Use OneNote to take notes while viewing videos or reading web content. Create notes in a docked window to multi-task while reviewing documents and files.
- [Voiceover] In this video, we're gonna take a look…at a great feature in OneNote,…which is the ability to create linked notes in OneNote…while you're working on a web page…or perhaps reviewing a PowerPoint presentation…or even working with a Word file.…So what we'll be taking a look at…is using docked windows to link notes to a web page.…It can be any web page that you'd like,…but it only works correctly…when you're using Internet Explorer…as your web browser.…
We'll also look at using docked windows…to link notes to Office documents.…Perhaps you've been given a PowerPoint presentation…and you have a couple of thoughts…about the PowerPoint presentation.…And we'll also make sure we check a setting…that allows us to always create docked notes…when we're working with Quick Notes.…And last, we'll take a look at using OneNote…and Word from the Word side.…So we'll create linked notes…from a brand new Word document.…
Navigate to your desktop.…Double-click to open up the exercise file folder.…And we're still in chapter three,…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and its costs, format, and objectives. Julie then walks through all of the exam objectives in detail. Learn how to create notebooks and add notes, sections, and pages. Find out how to customize and personalize OneNote, including creating templates and configuring OneNote Backstage. Then discover how to organize and find notes, edit text and images, link content between notebooks and from other programs, and share and collaborate with other OneNote users.
There are over a half dozen challenges to test your skills, and a full-length, 50-minute practice test to ensure you're ready for the real exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Understanding the exam objectives, format, and registration process
- Creating a OneNote notebook
- Capturing information with Quick Notes
- Adding sections and pages to a notebook
- Customizing the notebook style
- Creating templates
- Linking notebooks
- Editing and formatting text and images
- Organizing and finding notes
- Sharing and synchronizing notebooks
- Collaborating with other OneNote users
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of Microsoft Office Specialist OneNote 2013 Exam (77-421)
2. Managing the OneNote Environment
3. Editing and Linking Content in OneNote
4. Organizing and Finding Notes
5. Sharing and Collaborating with Others
6. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.