You don't have to waste ink and paper to print out a copy of your presentation for your audience. PowerPoint has a feature called Handouts, which involves choosing several layouts to print. You can have one, two, even up to nine slides on a page. In this video, author Jess Stratton shows how to find the option to print handouts and how to customize the page, including choosing a layout and adding a footer.
- [Voiceover] It's possible to give your audience…a copy of your presentation without wasting paper or ink.…It's called, Printing Handouts,…and you can print handouts by clicking File…on the top lefthand side of the screen,…choosing Print, and choosing what to print.…On the lefthand side, you can see your Printer Settings.…On the righthand side, you can see a preview…of how it's going to look.…Right now it's set to print a full page of all the slides,…with one slide per page.…
I can see down at the bottom,…it's going to print out 33 pages,…and if I click the Next Page button,…I can get a preview of how these are going to look.…That's a lot of ink, and a lot of paper.…To change this, click the down arrow…next to the Full Page Slides.…Here's where we can choose our Handouts.…There's a lot of choices.…I can print one smaller slide per page,…two slides, all the way up to nine vertical slides.…
I can see that we now cut down our amount of pages to 17,…and if I scroll through, I can see the slides per page…to get a preview of how it's going to look.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recall the options for accessing frequently tools easily.
- List the buttons that are part of the background removal tool.
- Recall the benefits of using sections.
- Explain the features of smart guides.
- Recognize how to practice presenting your presentation while keeping track of how long it takes.
- List the features of the Presenter view.