In this video, staff author Jess Stratton shows users how to create a document from a template and edit the existing placeholders to replace them with your own text.
- [Tutor] To create a document from a prebuilt template,…on the main screen tap New…and then choose your template from the list provided.…You can change anything once you're in the template,…so don't worry if you don't see anything…that's an exact match to what you're looking for.…I'll tap Brochure.…Once it's created, you can tap on each block of text…and then simply replace it with your own…by typing once the text block is highlighted.…The keyboard will automatically come up.…You can make the keyboard go away at anytime…by tapping the keyboard icon…on the bottom right-hand side of the screen.…
You can also replace photos by tapping once quickly…on a photo and then tapping Replace.…You can choose a new photo from the camera roll…or any other album that you have on the iPad.…You can go through and do that to as many as you want…on the template itself.…I'll just go in and add a few more.…Scroll through and replace the text with your own.…Once you're done,…tap the paper icon on the top left-hand side…and type a name for your document.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Installing Office on an iOS device
- Exploring the interface
- Creating and editing documents, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Sharing files on the go
- Finding and replacing text in Word
- Inserting pictures and charts in Excel
- Presenting slides with PowerPoint and your iOS device
- Accessing email and calendars in Outlook
- Collaborating with others
Skill Level Beginner
1. Word for iPad and iPhone
2. Excel for iPad and iPhone
3. PowerPoint for iPad and iPhone
4. Outlook for iPad and iPhone
5. Collaborate with Office for iPad
Co-author files1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.