Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Create a custom Quick Step, part of Efficient Email Management with Outlook 2016.
- [Voiceover] I don't need to be content with…the small number of quick steps that have…been created for me, I can create new…quick steps, I can either choose Create New…to open the Edit Quick Step dialogue and…choose one action after another, or I can…click the dropdown, choose New Quick Step.…If you've created rules in prior versions of…Outlook, you might be familiar with…this type of a choice mechanism.…So if what I want to do is categorize…something and move it, I can do that,…if I wanna send a new email to a person,…that's the template that the new team…email was created from.…
New Meeting with some people, or Custom is…going to open that same Edit Quick Step dialog.…I want to create a new quick step,…but I'd like to create a quick step very…similar to the Bay Area IT 2019 quick step…to move items to my software survey folder.…Now, with quick step, I'm going to…need to fire this, so I'll actually want to…click on the item and then click send this…over to my quick steps.…So, let me show you how this would be done.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Viewing messages by conversation
- Ignoring a conversation
- Using Mailbox Cleanup
- Arranging email by date or by sender
- Sorting and filtering views
- Creating inbox folders
- Customizing and using categories
- Using a custom search folder
- Creating Quick Steps and email rules
- Using automatic replies
Skill Level Intermediate
Outlook 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 49m Beginner
1. Reviewing Messages
2. Putting Views to Work
3. Getting Organized with Folders and Categories
4. Automating Actions with Rules and Quick Steps
Next steps1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.