In this video, we’ll continue our exploration of content types by creating custom content types for lists. We cover: creating a list content type, adding columns to the list content type, and associating the custom content type to a list. All are objectives for the SharePoint 2013 Microsoft Office Specialist exam.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] In this video we'll…continue our work with content types.…We'll create a list content type…and customize the basic content type…by adding some additional columns.…And then of course,…we'll wrap it up by associating our…custom content type to an existing list.…Back in SharePoint we'd like to create a new list…content type that's gonna help us capture our…top level planning information for company-wide…projects that we know are coming up this year.…
So we'll start by creating our content type.…Back to our settings gear,…back to site settings,…and again under web designer galleries on the left,…we'll choose Site Content Types.…To create the new site content type,…we'll click on Create,…and we're gonna call this…Landon Project Task List.…(typing)…This time we're gonna select for our parent content type,…a list content type,…and I'll pick my task.…
This means, of course, I'm gonna inherit the default…information from the task list type.…I'll add it to the existing group that I had created…for Landon, scroll down just a bit, and click on OK,…
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Understanding the exam objectives, format, and registration process
- Creating and configuring lists
- Modifying list items, views, and columns
- Creating and editing libraries
- Setting up content types
- Managing SharePoint sites
- Creating new site pages
- Sharing information in newsfeeds and blogs
- Storing files in OneDrive
- Refining SharePoint search results
Skill Level Beginner
Publishing Sites with SharePoint 2013with Ron Davis1h 14m Beginner
SharePoint 2013: Customizing List Formswith Gini von Courter1h 27m Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist SharePoint 2013 Exam Overview
MOS preparation and testing1m 22s
2. Creating and Formatting Content: Working with Lists
3. Creating and Formatting Content: Working with Document Libraries
4. Managing SharePoint Sites
5. Participating in User Communities
6. Configuring and Consuming Search Results
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.