In this video, staff author Jess Stratton shows users basic commands to work with and format text in a Word document, such as tapping techniques.
- [Instructor] To create a new document,…from the main screen, tap New.…Then on the right hand side, tap the first entry,…which is Blank Document.…To begin, you can start typing on the keyboard.…Tap the return key to move on to a new line.…And now, let's get a nice chunk of text in there.…Let's start formatting the text.…I'll start by selecting the text we want to format.…
You can select all or define an area.…To select everything, tap and hold on to the text…and then let go of your finger.…Choose Select All from the menu.…You can then Copy the text, Delete it, or Paste it.…To de-select the text, tap anywhere else on the screen.…To select just a small amount of text,…tap and hold again.…Once you let up with your finger, this time only tap Select.…
And now, you can drag over any additional text…you want to select by tapping the blue dot…and dragging with your finger.…Now that I have some text selected,…let's work with that text.…The first thing you'll want to do is make sure…you're on the Home ribbon tab.…The first thing you can change is the font.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Installing Office on an iOS device
- Exploring the interface
- Creating and editing documents, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Sharing files on the go
- Finding and replacing text in Word
- Inserting pictures and charts in Excel
- Presenting slides with PowerPoint and your iOS device
- Accessing email and calendars in Outlook
- Collaborating with others
Skill Level Beginner
1. Word for iPad and iPhone
2. Excel for iPad and iPhone
3. PowerPoint for iPad and iPhone
4. Outlook for iPad and iPhone
5. Collaborate with Office for iPad
Co-author files1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.