OneNote 2013 is a popular and powerful electronic note taking program. OneNote users can quickly create notebooks to begin capturing important information. User can create data in many ways including notes, pictures, screen shots, and emails. This video jump starts exploration of OneNote 2013 by creating a local notebook in support of the MOS exam objective.
- [Voiceover] So let's go ahead and dive in…to our first session in preparation…for the Microsoft Office Specialist exam,…namely, creating a OneNote notebook.…So we'll start by launching OneNote…and creating a new notebook.…So I'll go ahead and navigate back to my desktop,…and open up OneNote.…When we first start OneNote,…a OneNote notebook is automatically created for you,…and if it was the last notebook that you used,…it's the one that opens up.…
The OneNote notebook that's automatically created for you…has some great information in it…that you really should take some time to review if you can,…but for our purposes, we're gonna create a new notebook…and get started capturing ideas for a brand new project…that we'll be working on.…So, to create our new notebook let's go to our file…and choose new.…OneNote works a little bit differently than some…of the other Microsoft Office's programs that you may use.…When we create our new notebook,…we can't use the notebook until we've saved…and stored the file.…
We can choose to store the file on OneDrive,…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and its costs, format, and objectives. Julie then walks through all of the exam objectives in detail. Learn how to create notebooks and add notes, sections, and pages. Find out how to customize and personalize OneNote, including creating templates and configuring OneNote Backstage. Then discover how to organize and find notes, edit text and images, link content between notebooks and from other programs, and share and collaborate with other OneNote users.
There are over a half dozen challenges to test your skills, and a full-length, 50-minute practice test to ensure you're ready for the real exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Understanding the exam objectives, format, and registration process
- Creating a OneNote notebook
- Capturing information with Quick Notes
- Adding sections and pages to a notebook
- Customizing the notebook style
- Creating templates
- Linking notebooks
- Editing and formatting text and images
- Organizing and finding notes
- Sharing and synchronizing notebooks
- Collaborating with other OneNote users
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of Microsoft Office Specialist OneNote 2013 Exam (77-421)
2. Managing the OneNote Environment
3. Editing and Linking Content in OneNote
4. Organizing and Finding Notes
5. Sharing and Collaborating with Others
6. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.