Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Controlling site appearance, part of SharePoint 2013 Essential Training.
SharePoint 2013 has a new feature called the Design Manager, and the Design…Manager gives you direct control over your site's appearance.…Now if you're a designer who's comfortable using Dreamweaver or some…other package, there's another good feature which is you can actually use…those in SharePoint. That's new in SharePoint 2013 as well.…But the Design Manager is used to allow you to edit master pages, edit templates,…upload design files, and do all the things that you would do to determine how…your site looks. So for example, whether your Quick Launch…is at the top of the screen or in the default position on the left side, is…determined by which master page you're using.…
And the fact that the border on the top here is blue, has nothing to do with the…fact that I chose blue. It has to do with the fact that I…actually chose that color as part of a palette.…So, you have the ability to change the colors, the position of placeholders on…the screen, the logo whether or not there's a background image, all of this…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.