The last part of our introduction, is learning how we'll connect to SharePoint.…SharePoint sends email messages to people to invite them to sites.…And my colleague Mark Lacey, has given us permission to look into his inbox, to see…the various invitations that he's received from SharePoint, and from me.…Normally someone will send you an email or will provide you with a link.…If you already have a username and password somewhere else in the site…collection, or if your site is set up internally, and you can log in to active…directory in Windows, all you really need is the link.…
So, I'm going to go ahead and click this link, and I'll be taken to my site.…I'm already logged in and it knows what to do with me.…But it's possible that I'd begin with another type of task.…Another type of email. For example, I've sent Mark Lacey a…document, but that document isn't attached to this message.…This is just a link. So, that Mark can open this document…directly from the SharePoint site. So, that's another way you may be invited…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.