The File or “Backstage” area of OneNote has options for viewing and setting notebook properties. Users can change the notebook display name, notebook color, as well as viewing the notebook sync status. This video also walks viewers through closing notebooks to remove a notebook from the Info page in backstage
- [Voiceover] In this video, we'll look at some…additional configuration options…and some settings that control how notebooks…and OneNote as a program work.…As we won't be adding or changing content…in specific notebook, feel free to have any notebook opened…if you'd like to follow along.…I'm gonna continue using my Office Move Planning notebook.…But again, feel free to have any notebook…you'd like to work with.…So we'll take a look at notebook properties.…Notebook properties allow us to do things like change…the name of a notebook after we've already created it.…
We'll also take a look at the ability to close notebooks…that you no longer actively need to be working with.…Now closing a notebook doesn't delete it.…It just removes it from the list of files.…So I'm gonna return to OneNote…and I might do a little bit of clean up.…For some earlier videos, I have left my Research pane…opened and I also left my notebooks pinned.…So I'd like to go ahead, clean up my screen a little bit.…
I'll simply go to the far right hand side…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and its costs, format, and objectives. Julie then walks through all of the exam objectives in detail. Learn how to create notebooks and add notes, sections, and pages. Find out how to customize and personalize OneNote, including creating templates and configuring OneNote Backstage. Then discover how to organize and find notes, edit text and images, link content between notebooks and from other programs, and share and collaborate with other OneNote users.
There are over a half dozen challenges to test your skills, and a full-length, 50-minute practice test to ensure you're ready for the real exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Understanding the exam objectives, format, and registration process
- Creating a OneNote notebook
- Capturing information with Quick Notes
- Adding sections and pages to a notebook
- Customizing the notebook style
- Creating templates
- Linking notebooks
- Editing and formatting text and images
- Organizing and finding notes
- Sharing and synchronizing notebooks
- Collaborating with other OneNote users
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of Microsoft Office Specialist OneNote 2013 Exam (77-421)
2. Managing the OneNote Environment
3. Editing and Linking Content in OneNote
4. Organizing and Finding Notes
5. Sharing and Collaborating with Others
6. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.