Leverage the collaboration features in OneNote 2013 by sharing notebooks with other users. Notebooks saved on OneDrive or SharePoint can easily be shared allowing users to collaborate and view other’s edits. In this tutorial you will learn to review edits made by other authors, mark edits as read or unread, find edits by author, and hide or display author initials.
- [Voiceover] In this video, we'll take a look at what…a OneNote notebook that has been…shared with others looks like.…Once a notebook has been shared with…either SharePoint or OneDrive,…multiple people can contribute and collaborate…in the notebook, and we can…see who's added information.…We'll take a look at viewing edits…made by multiple authors.…As we review a notebook that has been edited by…multiple people, we can go through…and change the status of each of the edits…from read to unread.…
We can also choose to focus just on…recent edits, and we'll also…take a look at extending the search capabilities in OneNote…to find specific notes by an author,…and if you're working with multiple authors,…you may wish to have OneNote note take…for you which author made which comment.…If you're following along, I've created…a notebook that I actually have some…collaboration already in, so let's…navigate back to our desktop,…open the Exercise Files folder,…open the Chapter 5 file folder,…and open the folder 05_05.…
The OneNote Tips and Tricks notebook…
The course first explores the MOS certification program and its costs, format, and objectives. Julie then walks through all of the exam objectives in detail. Learn how to create notebooks and add notes, sections, and pages. Find out how to customize and personalize OneNote, including creating templates and configuring OneNote Backstage. Then discover how to organize and find notes, edit text and images, link content between notebooks and from other programs, and share and collaborate with other OneNote users.
There are over a half dozen challenges to test your skills, and a full-length, 50-minute practice test to ensure you're ready for the real exam.
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
- Understanding the exam objectives, format, and registration process
- Creating a OneNote notebook
- Capturing information with Quick Notes
- Adding sections and pages to a notebook
- Customizing the notebook style
- Creating templates
- Linking notebooks
- Editing and formatting text and images
- Organizing and finding notes
- Sharing and synchronizing notebooks
- Collaborating with other OneNote users
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of Microsoft Office Specialist OneNote 2013 Exam (77-421)
2. Managing the OneNote Environment
3. Editing and Linking Content in OneNote
4. Organizing and Finding Notes
5. Sharing and Collaborating with Others
6. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.