Coauthoring is a really great collaborative feature of SharePoint.…And with Coauthoring, I can be editing a document and somebody else can jump right…in and join me. The way SharePoint handles this is it…locks paragraphs or small sections of the document so we can't accidently overwrite…each other's changes. Coauthoring also assumes that when I…opened this document, I never checked it out.…Because when a document's checked out, it can have only one person working on it.…But here I am in the Using the Timesheet information document in Microsoft Word,…and I'm going to make some changes. While I'm editing though, somebody else…could join me. So, I'm just adding some language here.…
I don't have tracking on, I could have. But here I am all reporting employees to…the appropriate manager or managers. Notice something just happened here.…It's a subtle thing. But down here on the Status Bar, there's…a little number 2 and two people. And it says Mark Lesie is also editing…this document. I can click the Status Bar to see all the authors.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.