Join Maria Langer for an in-depth discussion in this video Clearing formatting, part of Word 2013 Power Shortcuts.
…As you work with Microsoft Word to create…documents for sharing with others, you may spend…a lot of time formatting those documents to be just the way you want them to be.…In that case you probably don't want to remove any of the formatting you applied.…But sometimes you might inherit the document that's been formatted by…someone else and it's not quite what you need or want.…Or maybe an older document needs it's formatting…updated to better match company standards and styles.…Often you'll find it easier to completely remove formatting from…all or part of a document, so you can start fresh.…
That's what this video's about.…I'm starting off with a document called clear formatting which you…can find in the chapter one folder inside the exercise file folder.…This is a two page document with lots of formatting applied.…I'll use it to show you the various…ways you could strip formatting out of a document.…One way to strip formatting is to apply the normal style to text.…This will remove any paragraph styles that might be applied to the text.…
- Tips for applying styles
- Clearing all the formatting from a document
- Opening recent files
- Changing default saving options
- Using time-saving keyboard shortcuts
- Using Quick Parts
- Enter text quickly with AutoText
- Using AutoCorrect to automatically enter text
- Inserting symbols and special characters
- Rearranging text with the Spike
- Editing the user dictionary
- Setting default document options
- Tips on styles and revealing formatting
- Creating drop caps
- Working with hyperlinks
- Shortcuts for navigating your document
- Wrapping text around images
- Tips for page breaks
- Embedding fonts
- Adding watermarks
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Five Tips Every Word User Should Know
2. File Management Shortcuts
Entering document properties6m 15s
3. Text Entry Shortcuts
4. Text Editing Shortcuts
5. Text Formatting Shortcuts
6. Page Formatting Shortcuts
7. Publishing Shortcuts
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.