Join Maria Langer for an in-depth discussion in this video Choosing paste options, part of Word 2013 Power Shortcuts.
…Everyone knows how to use Copy and Paste.…You select the text you want to Copy, you use the Copy…button or shortcut key to Copy to the clipboard, you position the insertion…point where you want the Copy to appear, and you click the Paste…button or press the shortcut key to Paste the contents of the clipboard.…Pretty basic stuff.…But what you might not realize is that word offers…a number of options when you Paste text into a document.…These Paste options are available from the Paste…options button that appears when you use the…Paste command, as well as from the Paste…menu in the clipboard group on the home ribbon.…
In this video I'll show you the Pastes options and explain how they differ.…You'll see how you can use this feature to…save time when Pasting formatted text into your documents.…Right now we're looking at a…sample document that includes some formatted text.…It's called Paste options, and you can find it…in the Chapter four folder inside the exercise files folder.…The normal style has been redefined with Georgia, 12 point font.…
- Tips for applying styles
- Clearing all the formatting from a document
- Opening recent files
- Changing default saving options
- Using time-saving keyboard shortcuts
- Using Quick Parts
- Enter text quickly with AutoText
- Using AutoCorrect to automatically enter text
- Inserting symbols and special characters
- Rearranging text with the Spike
- Editing the user dictionary
- Setting default document options
- Tips on styles and revealing formatting
- Creating drop caps
- Working with hyperlinks
- Shortcuts for navigating your document
- Wrapping text around images
- Tips for page breaks
- Embedding fonts
- Adding watermarks
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Five Tips Every Word User Should Know
2. File Management Shortcuts
Entering document properties6m 15s
3. Text Entry Shortcuts
4. Text Editing Shortcuts
5. Text Formatting Shortcuts
6. Page Formatting Shortcuts
7. Publishing Shortcuts
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.