Let's take a look at the settings that are available for items, and lists in SharePoint.…Here we are in our employees list, and if I click the Items tab of the Ribbon,…you'll notice that I can create a new item, which I could also do by clicking here.…When I select one or more items, now, some of the other commands on the…Ribbon are available. For example, I can view this item in a form.…I can edit the item, which of course I could do simply by choosing that I wanted…to edit the item here. I can also see who this item has been…shared with. I can delete this item.…
So all of these command are commands that are actually available to me here.…And while work flows are based on an entire list, I have the ability to fire a…work flow if there is a work flow assigned to this particular list.…So I could say for example, please take the workflow that says, send information…to this person and run that by clicking this button and choosing the Appropriate workflow.…You'll learn more about workflows later in the course.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.