Before we leave the library and list apps, I'd like to review the settings…that are available to you, for documents and libraries.…In the next movie, we'll look at the settings that are available for items in lists.…Some of these of course are features that you're going to learn about later in the course.…It's important to know where these items are.…Let's start then in this library, by clicking on the files tab of the Ribbon,…and you'll notice right away that in the new group, we have the possibility of…creating a new document. Based on the default template, normally…Microsoft Word, to upload one or more documents, or to create a new folder.…
Again, something I would encourage you not to do early on in the life of a…SharePoint library. If I wanted to create a new document, I…also have links here, and I can drag files here to import documents.…When I select one or more documents, the rest of the Ribbon comes to life.…I have the ability to open a document for editing, and in the open and checkout…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.