Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing newsfeed settings, part of SharePoint 2013 Essential Training.
When you look at your news feed, you'll see lots of information about what you're…doing and what other people are doing. Who likes what?…Who's following what documents? Who's paying attention to which tags and…which people? In SharePoint, you get to determine…within limits, how much of that information you share with others.…So, when you're seeing lots of information from Juan Ricardo or from…Mark LaCie. It's because they're providing that information.…In order to change your news feeds settings, to determine how much you would…like to share, you can either choose About Me.…
Edit your profile. And then select News Feed settings.…Or, more easily, if you're in the news feed already, simply click Tags because…it's all on the same page. At the top you'll see the tags that…you're following. You can type new tags in here, or you can…click and you can choose Other Tags. They're listed here in alphabetical order.…So, I'd actually like to follow. Mark's post on 401K.…
You just click Select and add it to the list.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.