Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing the look of your site, part of SharePoint 2013 Essential Training.
When we talk about the look of our site, what we're primarily focused on is, what…are the fonts that are used? What are the colors that are used?…What kind of background image, if any, do we have here?…All of those things are things that we might think of in a Office setting as theme.…As we would in, for example, Word or PowerPoint.…Here it simply says what's your style so let's click that link and you'll see an…entire set of pre built themes or style sets that we can apply to our site.…
The default is the colors of the Microsoft Office pallets so here's Office…the current set. We also have the choice for one called…orange that's very similar, and one that's called green.…You'll notice on some of these, there's a quick launch on the left.…On the others, the quick launch is actually on the top.…Don't worry, that's a separate choice. And the question of what image, if any,…goes on the background, that's yet another choice.…So try, at this point, to focus primarily.…
On the color set that's used. The color of the frame.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- What is SharePoint?
- Opening and saving Office documents
- Coauthoring Word documents in SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Working with SkyDrive
- Sharing and syncing document libraries
- Adding a list app to your site
- Using social networking features
- Creating site collections
- Editing pages
- Adding users to a security group
- Creating workflows with SharePoint Designer or Visio
- Creating content types and document sets
- Controlling site appearance
- Creating a Records Center
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing SharePoint
2. SharePoint Team Sites
3. Editing, Saving, and Sharing Documents
4. Working with Library and List Apps
5. Social Networking in SharePoint
6. SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Site Collections
7. Editing SharePoint Pages
8. Integration: SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013
9. SharePoint Permissions
10. SharePoint Workflows
11. SharePoint Content and Documents
12. Other SharePoint Server Site Templates
Controlling site appearance3m 39s
13. SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.