Join Maria Langer for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing the document view, part of Word 2013: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcuts.
…Microsoft Word offers several different ways to look…at your documents as you create and edit them.…Each view is good for specific tasks and may offer view specific features.…In this video, we'll take a look at these views so you'll know…which ones work best for the work you need to do with Word.…I've opened two documents from the Chapter…one folder inside the exercise files folder.…Views one and Views two.…Views one is what you see here.…It's a word document that contains an employee manual…for a sample company called Two Trees Olive Oil.…
It's a rather long document that's broken into sections,…and it has multiple headings and lots of pages.…Right now we're looking at it in Print Layout view.…Print Layout view shows your document as it will appear when printed.…It shows you individual pages with…Margins, Headers and Footers and positioned images.…What you see on screen should match what your document looks like when printed.…In Print Layout view, there are a few things you…can do to improve or just change your document view.…
- Tips for applying styles
- Clearing all the formatting from a document
- Opening recent files
- Changing default saving options
- Using time-saving keyboard shortcuts
- Using Quick Parts
- Enter text quickly with AutoText
- Using AutoCorrect to automatically enter text
- Inserting symbols and special characters
- Rearranging text with the Spike
- Editing the user dictionary
- Setting default document options
- Tips on styles and revealing formatting
- Creating drop caps
- Working with hyperlinks
- Shortcuts for navigating your document
- Wrapping text around images
- Tips for page breaks
- Embedding fonts
- Adding watermarks
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Five Tips Every Word User Should Know
2. File Management Shortcuts
Entering document properties6m 15s
3. Text Entry Shortcuts
4. Text Editing Shortcuts
5. Text Formatting Shortcuts
6. Page Formatting Shortcuts
7. Publishing Shortcuts
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.