It's possible to change the default file save location to any location on the local desktop. In this video, staff author Jess Stratton shows users how to change the default save location to any folder and walks them through installing the Google Drive plugin for Office, which allows them to save to Google Drive right from within Office.
- [Voiceover] If I've already signed into Office 365…with PowerPoint, I have the option to save things…right to OneDrive, Microsoft's cloud storing service.…If I select File from the top lefthand side,…Save As, I can see all the places online…that I can save my document,…for example, a SharePoint site or OneDrive.…I can also save my documents to This PC,…which will save it right on my desktop computer.…By default, it's going to save it to the Documents folder,…but I can change that.…
Maybe inside the Documents folder on my computer…I have a dedicated folder just for PowerPoint presentations.…I can have it default to saving to that location first.…I'm already in Backstage View, so I'll continue…by clicking Option on the lefthand side,…click Save on the left.…From here, if I want to save it to my computer by default,…I can place a checkmark next to Save to Computer by Default.…Also, directly under that,…is the Default Local File Location.…
I can change this any custom folder…on my computer that I want.…It doesn't even have to be in the Documents folder.…
- Recall the options for accessing frequently tools easily.
- List the buttons that are part of the background removal tool.
- Recall the benefits of using sections.
- Explain the features of smart guides.
- Recognize how to practice presenting your presentation while keeping track of how long it takes.
- List the features of the Presenter view.